Monday, August 1, 2011

Farewell, Amanda

Today is a bittersweet day for Emily who says good-bye to her dearest friend Amanda. Amanda is moving to Singapore tomorrow and the girls are enjoying their last playdate together this afternoon. As a mom it breaks my heart to see my girl losing her bestest of friends. Amanda has loved Emily and vise versa as if they are sisters. The friendship between these two 9 year olds is truly special. And you have to give credit to Amanda's mom and dad for raising her into an amazing little girl.

I will never forget when Emily was 3 years old at Creators Corner preschool. I would ask who she played with and she said this cute girl with short curly hair. She didn't know her name but pointed her out to me at preschool. Who would have guessed that would have started this truly friendship, a true gift from the Lord. 

Amanda and Emily did not attend the same elementary school; but their friendship just blossomed more and more. I don't know what Emily is going to do except grow and cherish this friendship even if it is across the globe.

This is a short video clip that I made for the girls to always remember one another until they meet again... Will miss you and love you always, Amanda!!!!

No comments: