Thursday, February 28, 2013

Making Great Memories

ff This past week, the 5th grade had a Mother/Daughter Tea in the evening where we had guest speakers sharing about the things girls needed to know as they hit teenage years. The girls dressed up, had yummy tea and cookies while listening to the speakers. It was a delightful evening at Calvary Christian School.
We all had to submit baby photos of the moms and daughters. And it was a game to see who could match the baby pictures to the current moms and daughters. If you see on the back screen, that is a baby picture of ME when I was one years old wearing my Korean han-bok! It's funny how the picture was taken and I happen to be in the picture too!!!!

5th Grade Girls




JV Volleyball Team


This is a self-portrait picture that Emily took of herself! That's my cute girl!




This is just a nice picture of Emily and Daddy at Koba Soon Doo boo house. While we're waiting for our dinner, Emily just leans on daddy. What is she thinking? I love capturing this memory!
What is Emily thinking while staring at her daddy???


On February 17, I turned 44 years old! Yowza! This year has been very special as we have reconnected with Jim and Elinore. I did not really know them well back in Maryland; however since they started to come to Newsong we have really been a FAMILY. And so on February 16, we all went to Bru Restaurant in Lake Forest to celebrate my birthday. It was a wonderful time and much fun had by all including Jacob and Emily!


Thank you, Elinore, for the birthday present. You are truly an UNNI to me.

Elinore and me, MY unni whom I love very much!!!

Emily apparently told David what they should get me for my birthday. And Emily wanted to pay 1/2 because she told me she did not have the money to buy it all herself.
iPad Mini!!!!

I will cherish this note FOREVER!!!!


From my dear cousin Susan...reusable bags. Are these cute or what???
On my actual birthday, February 17, Emily made me this breakfast! Picture taken from David's iPhone. We went out for cham-pong with my parents for my birthday dinner followed by a variety of delicious cupcakes from Casey's cupcakes. I received a beautiful present from my parents that is so special that I forgot to take a picture of it. Another great memory that I will cherish.


Lastly, I wanted to share an artwork that Emily did this past Monday at her art school. Doesn't this drawing ooze Emily's personality?

No comments: