Monday, October 5, 2009

Merry Christmas, 2007

Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Christmas Cards

I love this time of the year. What I love the most is sending out christmas cards and gifts for friends and family. As I was sending out cards to friends to my high school friends, our old neighbors in Maryland, I couldn't help but to reminisce about Frostburg and what a friendly small town that place was. My dad was so loved by everyone in that small town. He was definitely the most favored physician there. Dad reminded me that when he would go to restaurants the owners would greet him, 'Welcome, Dr Oh!" They would give him a tour of the restaurant, how they make the food, etc...They would introduce him around and tell the customers that Dr Oh is the best and most caring doctor around. He didn't need to advertise. His patients would advertise for him. And when some of the patients couldn't afford medicine or something, he would not charge them. He would just say, "on the house!"

I look back to the environment I grew up in and truly miss the small town occasionally. When my dad would be doing his rounds at 2 hospitals, people would drive by and wave at him. Now let me say that we didn't live in "Little House on the Prairie." It was a small town but had a university, shops, malls, and all of the other modern stuff. There were nice homes, public and private schools, etc...

I sent cards to our old neighbors and they said how much they still miss the Oh Family living next door. And they still remember the annual crabfest my parents would do for the neighbors. I don't think he charged our neighbors for doctor visits. They wrote and told us a nice Muslim family moved into our home (they still call it Oh's house), but they miss us terribly.

I sent cards to my high school friends who still live up there and now their kids attend the school we did growing up. It's amazing to hear that.

Anyways, I just love this time of the year sending out Christmas cards, wrapping gifts for friends and family. And just listening to holiday music. ..

So anyone who is not in the holiday spirit, I just hope this little bit of sharing I am doing will make you reminisce about your childhood and get you into the holiday spirit.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!

No comments: