Monday, October 5, 2009

Mom's 70 Birthday

Tuesday, 04 December 2007

Mom's 70th Birthday Party

December 1st was my mom's 70th birthday! We had the party at our home with few of my parents friends, my aunt & uncle, and Susan & CJ (Caleb was @ LA Newsong). Great korean food and great time.
I can't believe my mom is 70 years old and still full of life and energy. I just love her so much! My dad was so cute. He really wanted to get my mom something special for her 70th birthday. So one afternoon he told her he was going to Home Depot to get some stuff and came over to our house. I went to the store with my dad because he wanted to get her a beautiful necklace. He selected a diamond emerald necklace. very pretty and very special because he picked it out by himself.

When my dad was working, he used to be so busy with his private practice, going and doing rounds at two hospitals + nursing home. I only saw him go to the mall once a year. And he would watch and see what my mom and I touched. And just buy that. Mom and I knew to be cautious what we touched because if I picked up an item because I thought it was just so stupid or silly, I got that item too! One time it was this narly hat that I picked up because it was so ugly. Dad got that for me because he thought I liked it. Dad used that one day for his shopping spree. And that's the dad I knew growing up.

Now that he's retired it was so cute how he wanted to pick out something special on his own for my mom. That truly made me see the love he still has for her.



This is a photo cake I got for mom's birthday. This is my dad's favorite picture. The one with the two of them together is a picture of mom when she was 60 years old and dad was 63 years old.



Picture of baby CJ with the family!



Mom and dad's friends



I love you, mom! Another 70 years please...

No comments: