Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary, Mom & Dad, on December 13, 2012

On December 13, 2012 my parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary! Instead of throwing a big party, my parents wanted something small to talk, laugh, and reminisce about their long journey that has led to today... So David, Emily, and I decided to invite mom and dad along with imo and imoboo to our very special favorite restaurant for special occasion: Roy's Hawaiian Fusion in Newport Beach, CA.

A wonderful dinner filled with bottle of Moet Chandon Champagne, amazing appetizer, dinner, wine, desserts where the waiters wished my folks a happy 50th anniversary made it a perfect night.

On December 14, 2012 David and I are treating mom & dad to a "honeymoon" at Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa to a one night in the Suite with dinner and breakfast and whatever else they would like. This is the least we could do for all that they have done for us... (Helen - my parents are taking that amazing bottle of wine that you got them from Napa. They are excited to drink that this evening. Susan - my parents are blown away by your generosity and thoughtfulness. They were speechless!)

I love seeing my mom and dad hold hands and see what unconditional love is all about. They are showing me the wedding vow that they made in front of GOD ...through rich and poor, sick and health, through good times and the bad times...their friendship, their oneness is a gift from GOD and I thank you, mom and dad, for being my parents, for being a wonderful parents for David, and an amazing grandparent for Emily.
We love you immensely and hope to cheer you with champagne next year and year after that, after that, after that....


Roys Hawaiian Fusion, Newport Beach, CA

Happy 50th anniversary toast with a bottle of  Moet Chandon Champagne


Smiles

Kimchi smile

Love my imoboo

Mom reads card from her sister and brother-in-law

Sisters FOREVER!!!

keep on celebrating

WOW! What is this surprise inside the card from my sister and sister-in-law!

GOLD is 50th Anniversary. My dad buys something special for his beautiful wife

Unconditional LOVE



Now lets look at their walk as newlyweds in 1962





This is a beautiful picture taken about 5 years ago

As mom and dad gets older they look more and more alike

Handsome couple

I LOVE YOU

Train ride to Santa Barbara

Now let's check out some of the food from Roy's:





Famous chocolate souffle

Upside down pineapple cake

We ordered 3 of the souffle


No comments: