Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Prayer for My Mom - Update with Pictures

 Dear Lord,
I thank you for all your blessings and giving me a wonderful and a loving mom.
I know that whatever we have is just borrowed, but I would like to ask, Lord, that you could please heal my mom and take away the ongoing pain and discomfort she has daily.
My mom has been through so many hardships, but her faith in you has stayed strong.
I believe that you can do anything, that you can heal my mom and you can take away her pain.
Please show your mercy on my mom. Please reveal to her that she is beautiful and unconditionally loved by you. Please reveal to her that she is not alone but has family who truly love her immensely.

I recently saw this picture
and couldn't help but to pray and wish this for my mom and dad. My dad is not getting any younger either. But I am so grateful that God has given him good health for his age. Of course my dad has his share of physical health condition. But his heart is in the right place. My mom, on the other hand, has told me that she does not love herself. Do you know how much that has made me cry? I think she has told me of a best friend she had when she lived in Korea. But while living in the United States it's been hard for my mom to find a good good friend. How sad is that? Makes me very very sad, actually...

While her health has been digressing I have made a huge effort to just spend time with her, to listen to her stories, and just sit with her and keep her company. I enjoyed and cherish those times. I loved hearing old stories that I have never EVER heard. Why? Because we're too busy doing this and that; helping this person and that person; going to this place and that place...busy busy busy...
But God has revealed to me to SLOW DOWN and to just SIT, LISTEN, and LOVE my mom.

I want to see my mom and dad LAUGH and be joyful like this picture. In the end no one will matter except the unconditional love between and husband and a wife - the gift that GOD has given to my mom and to my dad. It's not the new house, the new purse, the new dress, or the new piece of jewerly that is going to matter; it is TIME spent with one another, talking about the good and the bad times, laughing and crying together.

God reveals to me everyday that it is surrounding herself with people who love her that will heal my mom.

This past Sunday I remember hearing a story from the President from Fuller Seminary who said that as believers our lives is the REAL Fairy Tale. We KNOW the ending and the ending is HAPPILY EVER AFTER with our Father in Heaven. But like most fairy tales and stories the major plot of the story has hardship, pain, struggles, stress, unhappiness, fighting, and sickness.
We have that here on earth; but it is HOW we handle those ugly truths that will give us sanity until the last day here on earth.

I see my mom who once was super strong, loud, quick on her feet and hands being completely opposite. I see my mom who is now unable to cook those delicious dishes, sew beautiful clothes and even decorations for the house. I see my mom who has no strength to go shopping with me. I see my mom who can no longer drive. But you know what? No matter how depressing all this sounds she has been very faithful and a wonderful daughter to our dear Father in Heaven. So we know that the ending will be one with a very very happy ending.

I love you, mom, more than you will ever know. I want you here for a very very long time. I still need to learn so much from you and I know dad needs you more that you will ever know! I pray for this picture to come true where there is joy, laughter, and no pain for you....
Mother's Day 2012
November 2012

No comments: